The Glass House, built between 1949 and 1995 by architect Philip Johnson, is a National Trust Historic Site located in New Canaan, Connecticut. The pastoral 49-acre landscape comprises fourteen structures, including the Glass House (1949), and features a permanent collection of 20th-century painting and sculpture, along with temporary exhibitions. Tours of the site are available in May through November and advance reservations are recommended.
THE NATIONAL TRUST FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION
The National Trust for Historic Preservation is a privately funded nonprofit organization that works to save America’s historic places.
This project is supported by the Interpretation and Education Fund of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, an endowed fund made possible by a challenge grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
The Glass House site can be experienced virtually via Google Street View. This project was supported with funds from the Marder Grant for Innovation.
Visit the Website: www.theglasshouse.org